Matthew, Emily and Leah. Christmas 2011
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Simplicity
Yesterday was spent attending a memorial for our nephew's baby girl, born stillborn. A sad, heartwrenching day. As a nurse I spend a good deal of time dealing with patients' deaths. Some happening too soon, some too late, as people lay awaiting death. Much reflection is done at times like these. Wondering why God chooses the path he does for each of us. Praying he chooses the right one for ourselves and families, whatever that may be. Times like this forces you to think about what you value and what is really important. Choosing family, friends and experiences over "things".
I enjoy reading about minimalist living and simplicity. I try to choose experiences over things. Not to bring more stuff into the house, and if I do, I try to send stuff out. The "one in, one out, principal." This Christmas my husband, children and I decided to forgo presents and Christmas and spent the holiday in Cancun. Yesterday, as I sat in church praying for the parents and family of little Gianna, I was so thankful we had made that trip together. Spending the week with just my husband and children, making memories that will last forever. And after all, isn't that what it is really all about?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment